Apr 11, 2011

Recent Speaker and Scholarship Recipient Reflects Upon Florida Event and Donor Appreciation

The email asked: "Are you on co-op in Florida and available to speak at our UC event?" After instantly replying "I am at your service," I thought-- I have no clue who and what I just agreed to. But boy am I glad I did! Later, I uncovered that I agreed to be a student ambassador and speaker at a Proudly Cincinnati: Tower of Strength, Rock of Truth event in Florida this past February.

It was truly inspirational to stand in front of innovative and motivational UC alumni and share my experience of how UC changed my own life. My palms were a bit sweaty, yes. However, after being so warmly welcomed in the receptions by President Williams, Dean Chatterjee, and the hospitable UC Foundation and alumni attendees, I further solidified why I love UC-- the faculty and alumni offer tremendous support.

Without the support of UC donors, I would have never been able to participate in so many wonderful opportunities--studying, researching, and working abroad in seven different countries in just four short years. I owe tremendous thanks for the scholarships, fellowships, and co-op opportunities that were made possible by UC alumni, faculty, staff, and friends. It was equally rewarding to hear how UC impacted so many people's lives at this recent event in Florida.

No matter where I may be in this world, one thing is certain--I proudly display my convocation pin I received on my first day of college (which has traveled with me all over the globe), as I am always Proudly Cincinnati.

~Victoria Fromme
senior urban planning student in DAAP 



If you missed Victoria's live account of her UC experience during UC's February appearances in Orlando and Naples, check out the video above. Her story should make us all Proudly Cincinnati!

No comments:

Post a Comment