Nov 22, 2011

CCM Alumna Plays Glinda the Good in Wicked

Alumna Tiffany Haas in front of CCM's
Corbett Center for the Performing Arts in 2002.
With all the buzz around the hit Broadway musical “Wicked,” it’s definitely exciting to hear about a University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music alumna taking on one of the show’s biggest roles.  During the show’s Pittsburgh run, Tiffany Haas bubbled up for the first time and assumed the role of Glinda the Good Witch, a character she had been studying ever since joining the cast as her understudy in 2010.

She was originally hired in 2005 to be a female vocal swing and understudy for the role of Nessrose, but, after two years, left to join the national tour of “The Drowsey Chaperone.”  However, Tiffany couldn’t stop thinking about Glinda, a character she adored in her childhood obsession, “The Wizard of Oz.”  "I felt like I could connect with the character," she said. "I understood where she was coming from."

In 2010, she rejoined the cast as the character’s understudy.  "It was the same people in the room that were in the room in 2005 when I was hired as the swing," she Tiffany. "They have been through this journey with me. They kept me believing, pushing myself and challenging myself. I feel that I've come full circle."

No comments:

Post a Comment