Presented by the University of Cincinnati Alumni Association, UC Homecoming 2012 will turn the clock back, thanks to the Homecoming theme “We Love Lucy: A Flashback to Yesteryear.” Beyond recalling Lucille Ball, Lucy is also the name of UC’s real-life binturong mascot, which often makes the short trip up Vine Street from the Cincinnati Zoo to visit campus.
Game and Parade
Given the retro theme, the Homecoming football game fittingly finds the Bearcats playing Miami University in one of the oldest football rivalries west of the Allegheny Mountains. Game time is 7 p.m. at Nippert Stadium.
The annual Homecoming parade starts at 3 p.m., and fans of TV’s “Amazing Race” will see familiar faces coming down Clifton Avenue. One of UC’s outstanding young alumni, Cindy Chiang Halvorsen, Eng ’04, and her husband, Ernie, will be parade grand marshals after becoming this year’s “Amazing Race” champions.
Hotel Discounts and Specials
If you’re coming “home” for 2012 Homecoming, stay close to campus at the following hotels:
- Hampton Inn - $119 per night for all UC alumni
- Kingsgate Marriott - Loyal Bearcat and William Howard Taft Society donors will get 10 percent off of their stay
Although the Homecoming game takes place on Saturday, numerous Bearcat-themed events will take place throughout the weekend. Stay tuned for Homecoming events on the Homecoming events page. Alumni discounts include :
- $6.99 special for all-you-can eat at CenterCourt, inside the Campus Recreation Center Complex.
- 10 percent discount for UC alumni at the UC Bookstores (as always). Must present Alumni Donor Card.
- 15 percent off food between 7:00 p.m. to midnight on October 5 at Catskellar
- FREE access for all Alumni and their families during Homecoming Weekend at the Campus Recreation Center.