Oct 12, 2012

Homecoming 2012 Ends, Memories Remain

Representing 1819 in Homecoming Parade
As Cindy (Chiang) Halvorsen said, "Homecoming is the best holiday of the year" for Bearcat fans. Like many UC alumni living around the nation, I anticipated attending Homecoming 2012 months prior to the event. I booked my flights from Eugene, Oregon to CVG and made sure I had ample time in the Queen City to visit the UC community.

My Homecoming 2012 weekend started off with the Homecoming 2012 Kick Off Party at the Myers Alumni Center. Even though the event moved inside due to impending rain, it was a blast! The Alumni Center was packed full of fellow UC alumni. Bearcats fans enjoyed free Cincinnati favorites including Skyline Chili, Graeter's, Montgomery Inn and LaRosa's pizza. Because I live so far away from Cincinnati and can never get my fill of the local Cincy flair, this was one of my favorite things about the event!

Coach Jones, Athletic Director Whit Babcock and the UC Bearcat all made appearances at the kick-off party and pumped the crowd up for game day.
Nippert Stadium under the lights

My red and black themed weekend continued with a walk in the traditional UC Homecoming parade, followed with tailgating at the Bearcat Blitz and the CATWALK. The main event, UC vs. Miami, did not disappoint and the Bearcats defeated Miami 52-14 for a Homecoming victory!

As I waited for my flight to board at CVG on Monday afternoon, my husband and I discussed how far UC has come over the years and what an exciting future UC has to look forward to! I can't wait to visit Cincinnati next year for Homecoming 2013! I hope to see you there!

Mandy Drakeford, A&S '09, '11
New Media/PR Manager
UC Foundation

P.S. Share your favorite Homecoming 2012 memory below!

No comments:

Post a Comment