Aug 28, 2013

2012 Grad Takes Pride in UC

“I just knew UC was the one,” said Alex Hartke the first time she stepped foot onto UC’s campus.

Alex, a 2012 College of Nursing graduate, took advantage of her time at UC. She was involved in almost everything possible while at UC. Alex was a ROAR campus tour guide all 4 years as an undergraduate, College of Nursing student tutor, involved in the social sorority Pi Beta Phi, and served on the Committee for Athletic Traditions and Spirit. She did it all.

During her time at UC, Alex received a Cincinnatus scholarship and College of Nursing Scholarships, which helped her stay focused on her academics and push herself harder to reach higher. She wanted to get as much out of UC as possible.
“My education is the key to my career,” said Alex. “It’s given me so many great learning opportunities during my undergraduate time which led to my first job after graduation at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.” 

Coming from a small town, Alex thought of Cincinnati as a culture shock at first. However, she learned to grow and love the city of Cincinnati. She connected with prospective students as a tour guide because of her own transformation while she attended UC.

“I strive to ‘Represent the C’ as best as I can as an alum, and I look forward to seeing my alma mater grow in the future,” said Alex. “My pride definitely shows through during football season. Some of my best college memories come from traveling to Memphis, Knoxville and Oxford to watch my Bearcats,  and then coming home to Nippert Stadium to watch them play at one of my favorite spots on campus.”

Recently, Alex relocated to Dallas, Tx. to start a new career at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas as a nurse on their neuroscience unit. She credits her career success to her co-op opportunity as an undergraduate student at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where she worked on the orthopedic and trauma unit.


“I’m Proudly Cincinnati because I love UC,” Alex says. “I’m so proud that I had the opportunity to spend my undergrad time in Cincinnati.”


No comments:

Post a Comment