- UC among “Nation’s Best” for sixth straight year – UC has once again been named one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education for the sixth straight year.
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – UC will be one of the first to offer MOOC for free. This seven week service is offered to students who will master tools necessary to generate new ideas and transform those concepts into viable new products and services.
- International College of Medicine – UC and a partner Chinese University will apply this summer to local governments in Chongqing to open an International College of Medicine and start teaching medical students in China, largest source of UC’s international students.
- Former Athletic Director inducted into Hall of Fame – Bob Goin, UC’s former athletic director (1997-2005) was in ducted into the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) Hall of Fame on June 14. Goin had previously been inducted into the University of Cincinnati James P. Kelly Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Ranked No. 1 for industrial design – UC’s College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning (DAAP) was named as the country’s best undergraduate industrial design program for the second straight year. The DAAP program is tied with the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
- “Green” University – UC is named in the top tier of the nation’s “green” universities for the third straight year.
These accomplishments are just a few of many from the past year. The success to make UC such a standout institution comes from the help of UC faculty/staff, alumni like you and students of UC. To learn about more of the accomplishments visit the UC Magazine website.